Friday, January 28, 2011

New Review and a few game suggestions

New review for this week is up.  This week I am sharing my thoughts on Legend of Dragoon.


Also I'd like to share a couple current obsessions I've had that last few days.  I was reading my gaming magazine and they mentioned an app that had them playing for hours and hours and they were still playing it while writing the magazine article.  Now it's not Angry Birds though I do have that app of course.  This app is called Game Dev Story, I tried out the lite version and burned through it in about an hour.  I was hooked.  You play as a small gaming company trying to make their mark on the gaming world.  You make new games and try to up your sales figure by increasing the fun of the game and other factors.  You have to at least check out the free lite version of the game GDS Lite. 

Another game which has been abuzz in the gaming world is Amnesia: The Dark Descent.  I played the demo for this and it gave me chills.  Of course I went balls out and headed straight for the cellar so I should have expected as much.  This game is really engrossing with great controls and a great scare factor.  If you haven't heard of the game you play as Daniel, a guy who lost his memory and wakes up in this castle.  You find notes written by yourself alone the way piecing together his lost memory.  In this castle however are nightmarish things that will kill you if you aren't careful.  You have no weapons so you must either hide or if possible run away (rarely a good option because they will catch you).  When you are in the dark your sanity slowly drains and you start to see things that aren't there... or are they?  You can light candles and hold a lantern to keep the darkness at bay but that doesn't stop the creatures that are all around the castle.  The best way to play is with headphones on, making for great scares when you hear footsteps behind you but turn to find nothing only to turn back and find something staring you down.  A great game for thrill seekers I'm thinking about purchasing the full game myself just not sure I can invest in a game that isn't played to win.


That's all for now I'll try to do some blog posts more often once I get some followers on here.  For now this is Megalicious Matt signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment